• Kaunas University of Technology provides its customers with procedural and technical services related to the creation and/or management of the second-level domains in .lt, .eu, .info, .com, .net and .org top-level domains (hereinafter – domains.lt services).
• The Internet Service Centre at Kaunas University of Technology is responsible for the service provision; the Centre’s contact details are provided on the website domains.lt.
• The services are provided to the customers of Kaunas University of Technology in the Lithuanian language and in the English language to those who do not speak Lithuanian.
• The content of domains.lt services is defined by the standard conditions applied for the agreements made between Kaunas University of Technology and its customers when the customers log onto the website for the provision of the above-mentioned services.
Note: domains.lt services do not include the internet access, software acquisition, hosting, website and content development, DNSSEC, “registry lock” and other services related to the use of domains.
• The agreements are made remotely and not formalised in writing.
Note: to the customers who made the service agreements with Kaunas University of Technology in writing until 13 March 2007, the services are provided under the procedure stipulated by the valid service agreements.
• domains.lt services are provided according to the orders of the customers. The authorised procedures and their performance conditions are available here.
• The Orders are submitted after the log onto the account on domains.lt in the self-service section; their processing begins only after the payment of the price for the ordered fee-based procedures. The customers are not additionally notified about the receipt of the order submitted in this manner.
• The prices of the services are provided here.
Note: to the customers who made the service agreements with Kaunas University of Technology in writing until 13 March 2007, the prices stipulated by the valid service agreements are applied.
• The payments are made only in euros. The costs of the currency exchange to euros (if required) and other banking costs are paid by the customer.
• The payment can be made by payment order, via e-banking service “BankLink” or using a payment card. The customer chooses a preferred method of payment when he/she submits an order.
Note: the customers who made the service agreements with Kaunas University of Technology in writing until 13 March 2007 pay for the services only by payment order under the provisions of the valid service agreements.
• Payment has to be made within 3 working days after the submission of the order.
• A customer has to pay the price of the ordered domains.lt services personally. If the payer is another person, the application in a specified format for crediting of the paid sum, signed by the payer and the customer, has to be submitted to Kaunas University of Technology.
• If the payment made is cancelled after the execution of the order, the customer has to pay for the executed order within 15 calendar days from the date of the request sent by the Internet Service Centre at Kaunas University of Technology to the customer’s e-mail; if the customer fails to pay on time, the consequences of the procedure specified in the unpaid order can be eliminated (to the extent possible) and the agreement is terminated without any notification.
• The prepayment invoices and VAT invoices are submitted electronically in the customers’ accounts, i.e., they are not prepared and provided in any other form.
• VAT invoice is prepared after the receipt of the payment.
• Only the customer is specified as the buyer (service recipient) in the prepayment invoices and VAT invoices, regardless of who is an actual payer.
• The customers have the right to replace Kaunas University of Technology with another accredited registrar at any time. Information about the procedure for transfer is available here.
Note: the customers who made the service agreements with Kaunas University of Technology in writing until 13 March 2007 transfer the registrar by submitting their orders to the ISP by mail or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• The customers have the right to replace their registrar by Kaunas University of Technology at any time. Information about the procedure for transfer is available here.
• While making the service agreements regarding the services related to the creation and/or management of .lt second-level domains, the customers are required to confirm that the application of the procedural regulation of .lt domain is binding. The above-mentioned document is available here.
• While providing services, Kaunas University of Technology processes the data of its customers. In terms of the customers who are natural persons, it means that some of their personal data are processed in domains.lt customer service system. The scope of the processed personal data, the legal basis and purposes for processing, etc. are defined by the regulations available here.
Important! The provision of domains.lt services includes the transfer of the data to the registry of the respective top-level domain and the payment of the corresponding fee for procedures; Kaunas University of Technology is not responsible if the registry of top-level domain rejects the order due to its shortcomings or non-compliance with the “first come, first served” principle.